20 September 2023

Warhammer 40k: Imperial Knight

 This is the first Imperial Knight I've painted up. It's my son's miniature, he got it for christmas. I got it in an auction and it was just under half price for a new kit. It was new in box, so I also got to build it together with my son. 

He also chose the colors for it. I base coated the entire thing red - which was a mistake. Because it was really bad to paint up the all the metal areas. When I did the Titan later on, I base coated it all in metal instead and painted the colored areas up. 

The shield and should details are made with a thin marker, it works pretty neatly for something like this, where there's no decals with the miniature (i didn't get any). 

This was an amazing miniature to build, a really well done model kit. 







And here's the knight next to his 3d printed titan big brother. 


I'm currently building all manner of 40k themed stuff. really into some inq28 looking types, it's nice kitbashing and will be entered into a community challenge on the Discord - why not come join it? 


2 comments:

  1. Really nice - the stripes and shading on the canopy look especially good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm pleased with the result. Considering it's a kids toy, it was about finding as much speed as possible for a decent quality.

      Delete