14 June 2021

Frostgrave: Blood Wave, Bogman / Failing Wretch, Collegium Golem

 We started playing The Mace of Melcor a huge expansion for Frostgrave. Unfortunately Covid came running and stopped that campaign after one scenario. So we'll have to get back to that later. But I have started making the beastiary for the game - always new monsters to make. 

Blood wave

A weird goo monster, kept as curiusums in jars. They might get out and swallow people up. I made these with a couple of layers of hot glue gun. Then I matt varnished them with spray and painted them with Blood for the Blood God effect paint and gloss varnish on that. 


Collegium Golem
I love all the weird constructs in Frostgrave. Needed two of the specific constructs for the first scenario. I used some cheap Chinese closets (that I've painted earlier as terrain). Then I used some plastic cogs and gears on the side and make legs and arms from Lizardmed clubs. Painted them in a copper color. 








Bogmen / Failing Wretch
Bogmen are weird zombies. Necromancers thinking economy, removing skeletons from cadavers. Voila! One dead body but you get both a zombie and a skeleton. 

I also need some Failing Wretches for the demon campaign later, old decaying demons. I painted up some demons from The Others boardgame with different washes. I think these will work nicely as both monster entries. 








8 comments:

  1. Very cool, all of it! I've saved a picture of your murder wardrobes as reference for a future doodle, as it happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! :D That could be some good fun.

      Delete
  2. I love the idea for the collegium porters. Cool bestiary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks good fun project. There's so many models in my cabinet that'll never ever be used again. So many one scenario things done for all these skirmish games.

      Delete
  3. Those porters are sweet!

    ReplyDelete