14 April 2024

RoSD: The Discord Lockdown Cam Crew

[This blogpost was written long ago and never posted. It's from way back in Covid times.] 

... Covid lockdown was hard. Long and terrible. It's been absolutely killing my motivation for doing the miniature hobby, as it's the social aspect that motivates me. It's always the next game / play date that motivates me to actually do terrain building and painting. 

I tried the solo game / streaming thing to motivate myself, but it wasn't the same. So I decided to play a few games of RoSD with some friends from old. I play some PC games with them, but non of them are in the miniature hobby anymore. 

It worked well and was a nice day of gaming. We played through The Missing mission with some new Rangers. They made concepts and I picked out and painted some models to fit it. 

Macho 300 melee guy
"Make me a full testosterone warrior, like in 300!". Done. Build from a Oathmark human with some added GW marauder bits. This is a grizzled veteran fighter, seen enough combat to not care about apperances. 

Painted him in my city guard colors, so he can one day join a unit of spearmen in Oathmark.







A simple recruit made from a Perry Miniatures model with some bits. Also works as a puny city guardsman.


Classic ranger
Decided to build a more classic ranger for myself. Bow, two-handed sword on the back. Made from an Oathmark human and some different elf bits. 


My guy is also bringing a simple city guard, drafted from a nearby town to help the crew. Model is a Perry Miniature with oathmark goblin ax and GW elven shield. 

Arcane Crossbowman
"Build me an arcane crossbowman. A bit of magic, crossbow, ranger looking type. And his bodyguard psycho!" Made this dude from a Frostgrave cultist, GW elf head and some other bit box bits. 




The psycho bodyguard is a Frostgrave cultist head, added to an Oathmark goblin body and some GW lizardmen skink arms. 


Druid
"I want to be a nature loving, tree hugging druid". Made from Frostgrave female soldier with a bit of elven bits added and some cool forest base - don't know where that is from. 

Anyways the player decided to ditch this character just before the game and went with a classic barbarian instead. So picked out my savage from Ghost Archipelago for that. 




The games

Not gonna write any report on the games, it was great fun and the scenarios were hard enough to play through. But no focus on taking photos and such. So here's just a few quick shots from the games. 

You can find blog posts on most of the terrain here.














There's a lot of skirmish game lovers and solo players over at the Discord. Check out the server and the other SoMe through the Link Tree.

2 comments:

  1. I like these guys. I like picking out the right bits to make a character from various pieces. They look cool and so do the games. Some nice terrain there!

    ReplyDelete