24 October 2023

This Is Not A Test: Super Mutant

 This Super Mutant is from the boardgame The Others - part of Wrath. Never played the game, I just got it for all the kicksass miniatures. After some auctioning off part of the game, I have a ton of free miniatures left. This guy had goat claw originally, so I made him some simple greenstuff military boots. 

This guy is painted with Speed Paint 1.0 and I did a bunch of pre-wash in the recessed areas. 

Since this guy will go into my Zona Alfa and This Is Not A Test game I used The Institute colors on one of his armor plates. The Institute is a faction in many of the the worlds I play. And that force is slowly growing over time. 

The miniature was painted as part of a big guy community challenge, we run those regularly over on the Discord community. You should come check it out. 

I really like how this guy turned out, it shows what speed paint can do pretty well (it's excellent for skin). And it's really nice to have a reason to use some of all those free minis just hanging out in the garage. 







No comments:

Post a Comment