8 May 2019

Terrain: Jungle Head Statues

In Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago there's a scenario with some standing stones as objectives. So when trawling the internet for terrarium and aquarium accessories, I've come across the Easter Island head statues. A nice size and come pre-painted. So I've ordered a bunch of these for terrain.

Check out my other jungle projects here.

First some photos of the finished stuff. Afterwards I'll write a step-by-step.

Finished statues
I haven't done nny paint work on the statues, as they look really nice already. I've only added flock to the bases and to some statues as climbing plants.









Step-by-step
I've cut up an old hardfoam/plastic mayonaise advert for bases. Using a hotglue gun I've added the statues and some aquarium plants to the base.


Using colored wood glue, I've added sand to the bases. Just add a lot, so it covers up the hot glue points with the bases. Then using a cheap brown spray paint, I've painted the sand.


Use a nice jungle mix of flock. I've just added together different static grass, green flock, clump foliage, dry garden debris, twigs and a bit of dirt.


Add a bit of color and extra detail to the bases using sticks and stones.


Color some woodglue with cheap green acryllic. Add a lot of flock and press it into place. Let it sit, so the glue will soak a bit into the flock.





5 comments: